PEST CONTROL TIPS FOR PET OWNERS | COMBAT FLEAS & TICKS
Fleas and ticks are harmful to dogs and cats. And, protecting your pets from fleas and ticks is an important part of pet care. If you find fleas or ticks on your pets, chances are there’s many more in your home and yard. In order to combat fleas and ticks effectively, you need to keep your pet, home, and yard pest free.
HERE ARE SOME FLEA AND TICK FACTS:
• Fleas can find many places to live in your home and property, for instance: grass, soil, cracks in sidewalks, carpets and rugs, cracks in the floor, pet bedding, underneath beds and sofas, and clothing.
• Even if you don’t have pets, fleas and ticks can still be a problem on your property due to squirrels, raccoon, rodents, and wildlife living around your area.
• A flea is an insect, has 6 legs, and can jump really far.
• A tick is an arachnid, has 8 legs, and is closely related to spiders.
• A flea can live for more than 100 days.
• A tick can live up to 3 years.
• Fleas and ticks spread disease. Fleas can transmit bartonellosis and tapeworms. • • Ticks can transmit many potentially deadly disease, including Lyme disease.
• Both fleas and ticks flourish in warm temperature.